Sunday 18 February 2018

Second City Coffee | Signature Blend

Company:  Second City Coffee
Name: Signature Blend
Grind: French Press 
Roast: Medium to Dark
Rating: 5*
Best Served: Hot/Latte
Price:  £7.00 for 250g (Grind options)

Description: Our Signature Blend is a Peruvian joy to the taste buds! From Lambayeque, Peru our Signature Blend has dark chocolate notes and a fine body that you will be hard pressed not to fall head over heels over.

I really love Second City Coffee, I have reviewed quite a few of their blends and the Mancunian Blend, is my favourite coffee. But 2018 is my year of branching out! So I decided to give the Signature Blend a try instead. 

I bought both French press Grind and some whole beans. The smell is just insane, I adore the smell of coffee. As much as I love tea, coffee is the best thing, and the smell is just YES! It has a strong coffee cent with a rich depth of flavours. 

I brewed the coffee in a French Press and let it brew for around 4/5 minutes possibly? I don't time it, ball parking it! Signature Blend brews to dark in colour with a nice cream on top (which I hate in a French Press because you ALWAYS lose it!). 

Black: I drink my coffee white, no sugar. But with every new coffee comes a new black brew. In the interest of research and all. The flavour of Signature Blend untouched, is at it's strongest as is with most blends. But it's a nice medium to dark roast, more on the medium side I think, without a bitter flavour. It's slightly more bitter back than it is white but enjoyable nonetheless. The underlying notes of chocolate is at it's strongest drank like this, it gives it a slightly creamier flavour and with the fruity notes the coffee is something quite special. 

White: The coffees flavour is weakened with the addition of milk, as is always the way of white coffee! But as my favourite way to drink coffee, I still preferred it this way. The fruitier notes disappear when you add milk, but it does lift the chocolate-y notes of the coffee and give you a very nice cup of coffee. 



Best Served: Brew two shots of coffee (I use it my Nespresso), and top with hot frothy milk and a tsp of Vanilla Syrup. The nicest latte you will ever drink. 


No comments:

Post a Comment