Wednesday 31 January 2018

Leaves of the World | Bath Soaks


Hello Teabirds! Today I have a fabulous DIY Post for you with Leaves of the World teas. I've wanted to make bath bombs for a while, but I never liked the idea of lying in a bath of citric acid. You know what I mean? So I decided to make my own non citric acid, bath soaks. 


You will need:
- 1 Cup of Baking Soda (I forgot it on the picture)
- 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch/Cornflour 
- 1/2 Cup of Epsom Salts - These are great for soaking tired and aching muscles after a long day at work or a big session at the gym. 
- 4tbsp Cream of Tartar
- 2tbsp Melted Coconut Oil - This has a multitude of good qualities. It's fabulous for the skin and will soften and soothe whilst you soak! 
- 2tsp Essential Oil (I use Lavender for a relaxing effect)
- 1tbsp Water 
- 1tbsp Spirulina - This will give the bath soak a lovely earthy green colour, and does wonders for your skin too! 
- 5tbsp Leaves of the World Detoxi-Chai - Detoxi-Chai is one of my favourite ever Chai teas. If you want to read my thoughts you can do here

- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Small Bowl 
- Mould of your choice. I used a few empty baubles which separated. 

Steps:
- Mix together your Baking Soda, Cornflour, Epsom Salts, Spirulina and Cream of Tartar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon or your hands. I used my hands as you get a better feel for the mixture and the consistency. 

- In a separate bowl mix together your Coconut Oil, Essential Oil and Water. 

- Slowly mix your wet and dry ingredients together. Add a bit at a time and mix with your hands until you reach a wet sand consistency. You might not need to use the full amount, you may need to add a little bit more oil or water. 

- Mix in the dry tea leaves to your fixture. 

- Using your mould lightly pack into each side of the mould and squeeze the moulds together.

- Leave to dry overnight. This will allow the mixture to mellow together and dry out, this'll help get them out of the mould a lot easier too. 

- Voila! A final product: 


- And how it looks in the water:





No comments:

Post a Comment